piątek, 30 stycznia 2009

Make Money Online Overnight

NOT! 2008 is coming to a close, the traditional job markets are a disaster, and you need to find a way to make money online. With another year just around the corner, now is the time to commit to success and plan for the new year. Is it possible to get rich quick overnight? : NO.

If you have that idea in your head now, get rid of it.

Most of the folks I interact with online looking for help fit one of a few profiles:

  1. total newbie, usually asking ‘how can i make 5000 this month? and i need $1000 in the next 3 hours please.”
  2. newbie asking, ‘how can i increase my online earnings with promotion and marketing?’
  3. experienced, asking ‘how can I take my business to the next level?’
  4. guru, asking ‘how can I share what I know with others?’

By far the largest group of people fit into #1. The most valuable lesson to learn for this group is that success does not come overnight. My favorite all-time quote, which ‘the donald’ it seems also has a love for, is:

the harder I work, the luckier I get.

Every piece of work I do is with this quote in mind. Need more proof that overnight success isn’t likely in your future? Check out this traffic graph courtesy of Seth Godin on traffic to Squidoo.com:

Keep in mind the traffic graph above is for three years! If you take a look at the first year of traffic, you’ll see it’s almost a flat line. Have patience, build your business for long term success, and keep your end goal in mind. Your mission statement, which I just outlined in How to Build a User Generated Content Site from Scratch will be your guide.

Have a great holiday and commit to making 2009 the year your business takes off! :D

Brak komentarzy: